The Myth Of Relativism
“A dog barks when his master is attacked. I would be a coward if I saw that God's truth is attacked and yet would remain silent”
― John Calvin
“There are no facts, only interpretations.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
So many people think that the buck stops with them when it comes to truth and reality. An often refrain in our society is, "This is my truth", which tells us a lot of what our postmodern society thinks about truth. Something may very well be true to you and you may very well believe it but that does not mean that is is true. Truth is something external to us. The scriptures paint a clear picture that truth is objective and external to human experience or interpretation. An author always has an intent in something that they do because the intent is what drives the action itself. There is a true reality to all things and we know that the fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Join Bryce and I this week as we display what God has told us about what truth is and interact with our cultures claim of truth being relative.
* John 1:9-10; 8:12; 8:44-45; 14:6; 17:17,
* All of 1 John and 3 John
* Psalm 119:160
* https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/relativism/ -> Defining our terms (do not endorse all information)
* https://open.spotify.com/episode/0MHUfG0XJRw1NzMDR7qLis?si=rbkAOsldRXKfwRd9WsE1Zw&dl_branch=1 -> Another podcast on the topic
* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZDeQBIX7r4 -> Arguments against subjectivism
* https://newlearningonline.com/new-learning/chapter-7/nietzsche-on-the-impossibility-of-truth -> Intro to some post-modern thought
My guest joining me this week on the Sunday series is my brother Bryce. Bryce is getting his undergraduate degree in philosophy and hopes to get his MDiv. from a seminary after he completes his undergrad. He hopes to be a pastor shepherding Gods people one day.
Send inquiries to : email@example.com
--- Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/rocky-ramsey/support